Tuesday 30 October 2012

Butterflies and Moonbeams and Zebras and Fairy tales

Old Greg has sadly met his end.

Despite saying all the right things about not pushing things into a relationship too fast, I have come to realise that Greg truly means them about as much as I truly believe that shoes should be worn for comfort and not to cut off the circulation in your feet.

This past weekend Greg had invited me to a Halloween party which excited me greatly as coming from a catholic family we never really celebrated it or got dressed up.

His friends had offered us a bed for the night at their place which was nearby. The female half of this couple actually gave me a sly “nudge nudge wink wink” about it being very private in their loft conversation. Have no fear my first dalliance with Greg was not going to be pissed at his mate’s house.

Anyway we had a great time; he dropped me back to mine on Sunday and popped in to my house to watch a film etc all very nice cuddling and being lazy on a Sunday-ish. Here is the problem:

The area we were visiting, where his friends live have cheap houses, so much so that I commented that I would look to buy in that area when I saved my deposit. He then proceeds to tell me that he doesn’t like the area and that he cannot see himself buying a house alone in the future. This might sound harmless, I’m not sure, but it sounded like he was saying that if all went well we could buy together but not in that area. TOOOOOO much….

Come Monday afternoon and he sends me a text asking if he can come round on Tuesday and watch a film or something. Bearing in mind I saw him on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I’ve only had Monday night to myself. We had already arranged to see each other on the Friday and he knew I had plans on Wednesday and Thursday. When does a single girl get a little time to herself?

Fast forwarding to Tuesday he sends me a message in the morning which I see flash up on my phone, something like “morning beautiful etc etc” nothing actually needing me to reply. Come 1pm I get a text saying that I am either really busy or really unsociable but either way still very beautiful. This is the needy text message equivalent of a toddler trying to get your attention by pissing on the floor.

I then get an email asking me about a night out in a few weeks’ time and am I free on this particular date?

WHAT HAPPENED TO TAKING IT SLOW?

Firstly I do not appreciate being called unsociable by someone who doesn’t have the social skills to realise that to call someone that might be rude.

Secondly I have explained to Greg several times that I do not send messages whilst at work, because I’m working, earning a living, earning a crust WORKING. If you were meant to dick about on your phone all day they would call it FUN not work.

Thirdly part of taking things slowly is not booking me almost a month in advance for an event, planning Christmas or birthdays or even New Year.

So I sent Greg a message explaining this in a much less aggressive way. He asks me to meet him, he asks me to call him, after a bit of back and forth emailing I explained that he is coming at things from a different direction than me and I don’t want any of that. I explain that I don’t have much to say other than what I have said before and that I am busy.

So there cannot be any going backward on Greg, Greg has to be over and done with. I can’t stick around to see if butterflies develop just because he is a nice guy, it wouldn’t be fair to him. Ok and also because he was starting to drive me mad.

So I’ve learnt the lesson that I don’t want someone who wants to live in my pocket, and I do want butterflies and moonbeams, at least at the start of something.

If they are not there at the beginning then take your wee net and look elsewhere girls.

Love

SG
X

No comments:

Post a Comment