Wednesday 31 October 2012

Desperate just aint sexy


So after explaining to Greg that I no longer wanted to see him because he is, putting is nicely, too needy, Greg takes the only option available to him. Hounding me.

Now I know this sounds harsh but if a woman were to behave the way Greg has it would be grounds for relationship dismissal with the male declaring her a bunny boiler.

I have locked Jay Jay safely in the house…


 So after I made it very plain to Greg that I didn’t want to see him again he would not take no for an answer. I had told him I was busy after he asked me to meet him or speak to him on the phone, I’d explained that I had a family dinner and couldn’t talk. Greg called me anyway, whilst I was on the train home. It’s impossible to reaffirm to someone that you no longer want to see them on the crowded carriage of the C2C from London Fenchurch Street.

So I told him gently that I felt we were too different and wanted different things. As we finish the conversation he says “Ok look, I’ll just see you Friday”

Er what? No you won’t I am afraid because I do not want to see you. I practically hiss down the phone that I will speak to you later said quite pointedly because he is now just disregarding what I am telling him.

And that’s been the problem with Greg over all in the last few weeks, below is a translation in the world of Greg

Gal Single says
Greg Hears
I’m just happy to date and keep it casual
I want to be your girlfriend, I just might need some convincing
I am not looking to get into a serious relationship too quickly
If you show me how open you are to being in a relationship so soon I will change, because I am a damaged little butterfly in need of fixing
I don’t want to be accountable to someone at this stage, I enjoy my freedom
Feel free to ask where I am, what I am doing and who I am with at any point during the day
I don’t think we are well suited and should end things now as I don’t see a future in it
I want to see you this weekend.
I’m sorry I don’t think this is going to work out
Marry me MAAAARRRYYYYY MEEEEE



I get a long text message explaining that he knows I am scared and have been hurt etc etc like I am his little project to fix, and that he is happy to just date and see how things go. But he is not, I know he is not because of how he is behaving, he wants to be with someone because he doesn’t want to be alone. I’m not bashing him for that we have all been there but I’m just not in that place.

Then I get a text informing me that this may be the last text he ever sends me and won’t I think about it, sleep on it, he is sure I will change my mind, the text is so long it is delivered in two parts. And it is not the last text..

Then I get another text informing me that he can still smell my perfume on the pillow at his friend’s house where we crashed the other night.

These are not the words of someone who is happy to just date and be casual.

I left it till this morning to reply, mainly because I didn’t want to be seen to be replying straight away and also because I couldn’t be bothered with the argument. But not to be a complete bitch I feel I have to say something to him.

I text him this morning and informed him that he is not a no good idiot (his words, never mine!) that I didn’t think this of him at all he just needed to meet a girl who wanted the same things as him and that’s not me, no matter how nice he is I have to be honest with him sooner rather than later.

I’m not sure if I will hear from him again and I’m hoping he’ll get the message because I don’t want to have to be cruel to him for him to understand.

So I am back on the dating scene with my usual gusto. Sister-single wants to set me up on a blind date with a guy who works at the same homeless shelter as her, so I’ve told her to go ahead if she wants to pursue it.

I’ve also been asked to guest blog on a new dating/social networking concept in London, more details to follow on that…

Until next time

Love

SG
X


No comments:

Post a Comment