Sunday 5 August 2012

ATTTTENTION!!!!! time wasters need not apply

On Friday I was due to have my date with squadie guy, real name Dave, I sparked with Dave more so that anyone else I have chatted to online, we had been texting for a number of weeks. He was in fact the only guy I had told about the blog and he joked that if it was only the bad dates that got in he really hoped he would not make it to the blog.

HI DAVE!!!!!

I was in London shopping with my sister and had a lovely day, I timed the date so that she would go off to work and I would just have enough time to travel to covent garden to meet Dave.

Dave was 25 mins late when I text him to ask if he was still coming as I could meet my friends if not. Dave didn't even bother to reply, he didn't show and then he ignored my text. I won't waste a lot of time on Dave, I've a much thicker skin after being stood up the first time but I am disappointed in his manners.

I've also learnt a big lesson which I had momentarily forgotten, and this is reflecting on past relationships. If someone you have been dating for a year and a half can bullshit you to your face, then a guy you have been texting for three weeks can definitely manage it.

So I'm taking this as a gift from Dave to remember not to take online dating without a pinch of salt big enough to make my GP wince.

Roger over and out.

1 comment:

  1. This kind of behaviour is atrocious, can't believe someone doesn't even have the minimal guts required to send a quick text. Sadly its also happened to me.

    ReplyDelete