Tuesday 28 August 2012

This date has been terminated…all change please

Sadly it would appear I am going through an internet dating dry spell. My last two dates have cancelled on me which aside from being very annoying is leaving me a little perplexed as to whether I am doing anything wrong pre-date.

Update: Before I get into all that, an update on conductor guy. This was my one very good date. He had asked if I was free the following week at the end of the evening, it all seemed very positive.

He then said he was too busy with work to meet until the week after. So from there I left the ball firmly in his court. After all he had reiterated that he did want to meet up again. And…nothing. I haven’t heard a peep from conductor guy since then. It’s a shame really as he was very nice and a little tasty.

I’m not sure what happened but perhaps he was just saying he would like to meet up again out of politeness. Don’t do it gents, you may not end up with a girl who like me who will just leave it. You may end up with a girl who will just leave 64 voicemails on your phone. Conductor guy had dealt with a nutter before so perhaps this was why he played along with the second date thing.

Either way he has definitely left it long enough that I have firmly got the message, and whilst it is not nice to be strung along it is hardly going to kill me!

The dates that never were:

Doggystyle guy: I should point out this name is in reference to the fact that this guy had a very stylish dog and is not a nod to his sexual preferences. We spoke over email for two weeks before exchanging numbers; we then had several text messages when things all started to get a bit strange.

He text me to ask me if I had any other pictures, he was quick to assure me he wasn’t after any dirty ones, just recent ones as a lot of people have old pictures on their profiles. I explained that my pictures were all from this year but sent him one of me that day all dressed up for a family Olympic party. He seemed a little reassured by this and asked if he could meet me the following weekend. We carried on texting throughout the week and on the morning of our date he text me saying he had some household emergency. And I haven’t heard from him since….

The Quizmaster: So called because he was the one who introduced me to the online dating quiz you can set up and had a hilarious question on his own, regarding libido. After chatting many months ago which sort of fizzled out he got back in touch and the chat started flowing again. So we arranged a date as this time, perhaps now we were both a little more net-dating savvy, we seemed to be able to get past the stage where conversation seems to die out. On the morning of the date, armed with my jeans and a date top in my bag I went to work only to receive a message as I got to my desk. The quizmaster has hurt his back and may not be able to go on the date but will keep me posted.
He carried on texting me for the few days after the would be date, complaining about his back and me being very sympathetic then…nothing. I sent him a message (the electronic version of me landing my ball in your court) asking how his bank holiday was etc.

As a rule I am the kind of girl who only replies to text messages, I don’t hound men with messages or “oops I meant to text my friend” type messages so unless I hear from these guys again then that will be the end of that.

It does mean the next few weeks are looking a little bleak in the dating world. I have one date set up which is with someone who I wasn’t too sure about at first but due to the lack of attention my way recently I’m not going to be a chooser…

Roll on next week

Love SG X



No comments:

Post a Comment