Wednesday 21 August 2013

Rogues Gallery

Some of the hapless chaps I have been chatting to online recently…

1. The god squad I’m not sure why people use dating sites to try and spread their version of the “good news” Its hardly the most likely platform is it? But I seem to get a lot of these.

 I can honestly say I have never heard of someone who, whilst using a dating site, managed to be converted and walked off into the sunset, alone, bathed in the light of the Lord. As you can see I didn’t bother replying to this guy, it would only have prompted a painful conversation. I’ll just have to hope he prays for me instead.
2. Patience is a virtue

This rather needy gentleman on POF didn’t take to kindly to my little bit of advice.

To be honest I was only trying to be nice in letting him know that his behaviour could cost him a date with the right lady, not that he asked me but I thought what I said might help him...

A few mins! Give me a break, I might be dating online but that doesnt mean I have to reply to your message straight away, or at all. After this conversation I checked out this guys profile. He is divorced having only been married for 11 months (perhaps she didn’t reply to text messages quickly enough) and generally just sounded a bit strange, nothing wrong with being strange but being so pushy online will put women off.

“I’m not psychic you know” - this really pissed me off, after all I appreciate he is not psychic, I don’t expect him to be but give a girl a break, in the two minutes between his messages I could have been making a cup of tea, or in the bath, or on the loo negotiating a tricky shit. He wasn’t going to get a date anyway but this conversation absolutely guaranteed it and if this is the way he speaks to women online then I’ll bet he wont have much dating luck at all.

3. The advice line

This guy is hopeless!

We had been chatting briefly, not chatting for weeks or months, just that day and so to tell me about his sex drive was just a little too much. In contrast to Mr Impatient he took my little pearls of wisdom with good humour.

Although today when I got a message from him asking for my advice about something I told him I wasn't his agony aunt but on the other hand giving out a bit of advice was quiet fun.

Until next time
Love
SG

No comments:

Post a Comment