Tuesday 25 March 2014

29 and Feelin Fine!

Today is my 29th birthday. Yes that's correct readers, I only have 1 more year of stupidity before I have to start thinking about growing up.

I did a similar post on my birthday some time ago about things I wanted to achieve in the year, needless to say I haven't learnt to drive or lost the maximum amount of weight that I could ever lose without being classed as an ill person or any of the other things I was so keen on achieving.

This year I don't see the point in setting goals and not achieving them, that's not to say that having goals is a bad thing but I feel like I get pressured into thinking I should be achieving these things, when in actual fact, I just don't want to fucking do them.

Everyone keeps telling me I should learn to drive. I am the most annoyingly terrified passenger you will ever meet. Literally I grab hold of the door at the slightest twinge of a break pad. I am terrible at sitting in a car. So everyone keeps saying I should learn to drive one?! Me, the most uncoordinated person in history. I took a couple of lessons and I can honestly say I hated driving almost as much as I hate being driven. I'm sick of being told that I should learn, that there is no freedom like knowing you can just get in your car and drive away. Where will your freedom get you when you are being cut out of some tin can car after a lorry decides you've had your time in this world? Shove you freedom up your arse and I'll take the train!

So this year I guess my only goal should be to have a back bone and tell people that it is my life and they cannot keep telling me what I should be doing with it, that if "they were me" they could do what they want but they are not me, so they can back off.

On the dating front I met someone on a train two weeks ago, it turns out he lives in the same town as me and we ducked of the train and into a nearby pub for an impromptu date. It was massive amounts of fun, we even had a cheeky snog at the end of the night.

He is lovely looking and our flirty text banter is keeping me very well entertained. Just one snag, we haven't actually made it out on a second date yet. When Gal Single utters the words "well I am busy on Tuesday and Wednesday, oh and Thursday and Friday" you know she really is burning the candle at both ends.

He's made noises about going out on Saturday for a cinema date so I'll keep you updated and will detail the whole meeting if there is something to tell on Sunday.

Until next time
Love
SG
X

No comments:

Post a Comment