Saturday 19 May 2012

Its all in the preparation...

A few thoughts on setting up an internet dating account:

When choosing a user name I think it’s usually best not to try too hard to create an impression with it. Any username attempting to reflect that you are blessed in the penis department will only cause embarrassment on your part later and, I should imagine, disappointment on hers. I settle for something which depicts nothing but my own name. I am after all not Crazee_barbie_slut85.
As for profile pictures, these should be honest but well considered. You might as well call yourself sledge_hammer_dave and be done with it when you post a picture which gives the impression that if you have not already been to prison it’s only because they haven’t caught you. A smile costs nothing gents!
After the tick box marathon I uploaded some recent pictures of myself which are flattering but not deceptive and send my information out into cyber space to be judged by other single people.
In my case this judgement of others takes place in my bedroom, glass of wine in hand, wearing some very old pajama’s. The thought occurs to me that if you can converse with someone in this way before actually meeting them then I’m going to save a fortune in date outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment