Friday 1 June 2012

The date that C bombed

I have just had the perfect date, I spent the evening in the company of a funny,sweet, charming man, we laughed drank and ate and he spoke like a true gent... Ok it wasn't a date it was dinner with my big brother which is probably why I had such a nice time!

But whilst having dinner with my beautiful brother we witnessed a very bad first date. It was definitely a first date and I suspect a blind one because he was telling her all about what he did for a living so I guess they had never met in person before, that was the vibe. Now this man was boring the poor woman to death, the only voice heard was his, he was talking loudly, brashly and she couldn't get a word in.

He was a bus driver, nothing wrong with that but don't talk about it for an hour! I work in human resources and trust me no one would want to listen to that for an hour either, but what was truely shocking was this mans language and no wonder the woman was looking more than a little pissed off!

Now don't get me wrong I love swearing, as my brother pointed out when I said I was surprised at the mans language. But swearing on my blog or in front of people I know well is very different to turning up on a date and talking like an old fishwife. Dates are a place to make an impression, I'm not saying don't be yourself but as you don't yet know the person a little restraint should be shown.

This is why I almost choked on my fish cake when he described his boss..... "he is an absolute cunt, a real cunt" Come on mate! Firstly a lot of women find that word particularly offensive. Personally i like the C word, reserved for special people and used forcefully when it is deserved it is quite funny.

But your on a date with this lady, she's dressed up, spent at least an hour primping and preening and she hasn't come out with you for the evening to hear you use the foulest language imaginable. She looked horrified, I turned around to have a nosey look and see what had attracted this lovely looking seemingly sweet natured woman to go out on a date with this man.

 He was very good looking, extremely good looking in fact so how disappointed this woman must have been to meet him and discover he was completely uncouth. When he went to the loo she looked so upset, there was the furious texting which was definately to a friend telling her how horrible the date was, I had to restrain myself from asking the woman if she wanted to leave and I'd give him a message for her to give her a way out.

We left as she started the "I need to get away" line aka "it's getting late" & "I've got to be up early" now this man may never see this woman again ( in fact I would put money on it) but will he ever know what he did wrong? If she doesn't tell him outright will he ever know and learn that dropping the c bomb on a date is always wrong when dating a lady not a ladette! On the upside I've got date number three set up for next Thursday. Third time lucky?!

No comments:

Post a Comment