Monday 16 July 2012

Blog catchup...

Its been an eventfully few weeks in the world of internet dating for this single girl but the blog has been absent due to being ill last weekend and just being generally a bit busy. Sorry to those who have been waiting for it, especially Dick and Doms manager who has been asking after me (feeling very special and in demand lol)

Now I must admit that I have been a bit wary of going on dates since being stood up but I feel a lot better about it since discovering that it is a girl!


There are some twisted bitches in this world and the online dating scene is no exception!

The iphone has a wonderful little facility on facebook which, if a person is in your contacts, allows you to find them on facebook. When I ran the search the person who's number I had as Jamie showed as a girl, I knew everyone else on there so this stuck out like a sore thumb!

Now I cant be sure whether this is a girl pretending to be a guy or a guy who has a fake female facebook account but from the amount of pictures and info on the facebook page I would say the person I conversed with and was stood up by is probably a girl. Either way that is one fucked up puppy having fake accounts all over the place!

And if she wants to waste her money paying for an online dating service to wind up other women that's up to her, personally I have better things to spend my money on!

I have however been chatting to some rather nice men of late and have a few dates in the pipeline...and some dates that just didn't happen...

Welshboy - the date that never was, I got chatting to this guy and we seemed to get getting on great, he is welsh (obviously) and I love accents, he asked me on the Monday whether I would like to see him that weekend. I said I would and then he fell off the dating radar and never set it up. Its mildly annoying because I was looking forward to it, now he just keeps viewing my profile and winking at me, I'm not sure if that's some kind of game but oh well....NEXT....

Towieboy - So called because he hails from the town of brentwood, this guy was my own age, very nice looking, we had the same interests etc. Now I appreciate everyone's need for a lil something something but I'm not sure this guy was on the right website. We had been chatting for about two weeks when I get a message from him explaining that he is looking for a friends with benefits arrangement and would I be interested? Whilst I appreciated his honesty I do think he rather wasted my time. Friends with benefits surely needs to be based on a friendship or at least knowing the person, the name would suggest it. In this day and age young women would be rather foolish to meet an internet stranger for sex. In any event I told him thanks but no thanks. I hope he finds what he is looking for STI free!

Alienguy - the kind of messages you don't bother replying to..."Hello, I like your profile and I think we would get on well, I have a keen interest in aliens and would like to introduce you to a new way of thinking, let me know if you are interested in enlightenment" - Tom Cruise is recently single so perhaps I've had a brush with stardom...or he is just some weirdo in Dagenham!

Dates pending

Upmarket guy - so called because he lives in the posh area of my postcode, looking forward to this one, he is cute and friendly and seems to have a good sense of humour.

SA Guy - South African, completely gorgeous, built like a brick shit house and funny, I hope this date comes off as he is very cute, but then again the ones I get excited about always seem to be the nutters!

Squadie guy - This one is in the army which I have to say would be really handy if we got along and started dating, after all he wouldn't be in my hair all the time. The date is not for a few weeks as he is away but he has confidently promised he is worth the wait...

Well this single girl will be the judge of that...

Now I've just got to solve the mystery of the man I drunkenly gave my number too on Saturday who I have no recollection of...how is it that I can get drunk enough not to remember him but my telephone number rolls of my tongue when asked?!

Detox time me thinks!

Until next time

SG
X

No comments:

Post a Comment